Ten Energy Saving Tips You Need To Try
These days, many people are looking for strategies that can help them conserve energy. This makes sense given that implementing sound energy saving tips is good for the environment and can also help you lower your energy bill. To ensure that you can get the energy saving process on the road, consider using some or all of these helpful tips and tricks:
1. During the summer season, adjust your ceiling fan so that it runs counter-clockwise. In the winter, switch the fan so that it runs clockwise, but at a low speed.
2. When your air conditioner is running, close the exterior windows and doors. You can save even more energy by turning your bath and kitchen exhaust fans off.
3. Have your air conditioner’s air filters cleaned or changed monthly. This will ensure that your system runs efficiently.
4. Be sure that your air conditioner has a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) of 15. This indicates that the AC will operate efficiently. Additionally, it may entitle you to a rebate totaling up to $300.
5. Instead of keeping your thermostat fan “on,” switch it to the “auto” position. The “on” position is problematic because the air will run constantly this way.
6. Prevent the sun from overheating your residential property though the use of drapes, blinds, and shades. For the outside area, utilize shrubs, trees and awnings as protection from excess sun.
7. Use foam insulation for your walls. This will help you save on your energy bill by precluding the hot air outside from entering the home through your porous walls. You can get more information regarding which product to buy by checking with a local building supply company.
8. Get regular maintenance services for your air conditioner. This ensures that you aren’t entailing high bills each month because of an AC system that runs inefficiently. This strategy also increases the likelihood that you will qualify for a rebate.
9. Open your interior doors when you can to ensure that cool air from the outdoors can flow through your home.
10. Ask your energy provider for additional tips on how to preserve energy. If you don’t already have a service provider, visit the site of Compare Texas Energy Providers to find the company that is right for you!
Don’t Delay-Start Saving Energy Today!
If you find that your energy bill is a bit too high, it’s important to know that you can start implementing energy-saving strategies right now. By using some or all of the tips outlined above, you’ll likely find that your monthly bill starts to fall with lightning speed!