10 commandments to boost sales
Jeffrey Gitomer is a born salesman, a man who would be able to sell all the ice at the North Pole. He has written several books devoted to sales techniques and in the famous “little red book of great seller”, a must for all professionals, brings together well to earn 99.5 solutions. Indeed, to earn more and more.
In other words, Jeffrey Gitomer guides us in the difficult path to become successful sellers, and explains how to get around all the difficulties that ruin our climb to success. One of the concepts that he likes to say is essential in its simplicity: “people do not like that you sell something, but loves to buy.”
This is just one of the many pearls of wisdom – one of the most famous – that enrich seminars Gitomer. I was lucky enough to attend one of these events and I decided to summarize my experience in these ten tips to sell, sell and sell again.
1. Think positive – Do you remember the slogan of Obama during his presidential campaign: his motto was winning Yes, we can. To succeed in your sales you have to transmit positivity, you must be sure of your actions and, above all, believe in yourself, if you do you should do it because your customers?
2. Learn the numbers – Or rather, learns the numbers that will lead to success and follow them to the end. Because the numbers help you to reach the highest peaks: how many appointments you need to make an offer? How many bids you need to make a sale? How many sales you need to reach your goal? Learn and follow the numbers!
3. Retain – Better a wife / husband satisfied / or (maybe others) or faithful? The answer is simple and is geared towards the second option. To be able to increase sales you must retain your customers, and to do that you have to become an indispensable resource. A resource capable of finding ideas and to solve problems at the right time.
4. Become a friend – This is a critical step, but also difficult to move. To become friends with your customers you have to be sincere and ready to help you, you have to anticipate their needs and then go over: call it even when there is a sale INVISTA, remember her birthday, solve small problems that do not relate to the job …
5. Give up – Enthusiasm is a key component to improve sales. Only when there is this ingredient in the alchemy work you can give the best of yourself, to overcome the biggest obstacles that separate you from the objective to achieve.
6. Persevere in the sale – The first date went wrong? Fissane suffered another, and then another, until you are given the chance to persevere. Who gives up the first “no” is not intended to improve their sales, who insists (no exaggeration) eventually reach its result.
7. Work on word of mouth – That is one of the great resources we use to make decisions, both in real life and on the web. When a customer is satisfied with your work not being afraid to ask the customer a friend, an acquaintance or colleague who needs your work.
8. You have to know everything – Of course everything about the product you’re selling, but not only: to give one more chance to your sales you have to know also the business of your customers. Just a round of phone calls, or better yet a pastry to the results of Google, to collect all the information needed to get ready for your date of sale.
9. Your clients are celebrities – And you must treat at best, as if they were celebrities. Imagine if George Clooney came in a shop: the saleswoman I would like any customer? I do not think: I would like a special client – would dedicate the time and special attention – and you have to do the same. Because this is the key to everything: your customers are special, and you have to make him understand.
10. Have fun – This is the secret of success in your work: you have to do. Your work day should not be a sacrifice, should not be a succession of hours that pitted like a countdown. Your work must be synonymous with fun, and you’d be happy to start a new day. I know it’s difficult, but that’s the secret to sell big.